Thursday, November 17, 2011

How do I live?

Alright first things first. It's been awhile since we last saw the McKnight's so let me fill you in before we get on with the here and now.
Ivy had her baby girl Dartay. Dartay, like both of her parents, is evil and insane. Blake Ashen doesn't have the insane trait like his daughter and ex-wife but he does none the less have series mental issues. After Dartay was born and Anthony returned from his tour, Ivy moved into a house with Mason in Twinbrook.
Eli and the triplets are now young adults. Amber has grown into a beautiful young woman and I have no doubt she will have no trouble finding a good man. (Amber is actually already spoken for, but that will be covered by someone else ;) )
Violet is also a great beauty as the only human McKnight girl to have the black hair/green eye combination.
Ness is just as beautiful, if not more so than her sisters.
Eli is also now a YA and quite a hansom one at that.
(Sorry ladies, he is also already spoken for.)
Alissa is now a gorgeous teenager.
And since we last saw the McKnight's another little member was added to the family and is now a toddler. Baby #16 Andrew McKnight named after Addy's great great grandfather Andrew Woodrow. Andrew is a little clone of his Daddy.Head down on the bed Addy sobs heavily.
The steady beep of the monitors offer little comfort. Just because it's steady now doesn't mean it will stay that way.
"This can't be happeningThis isn't real." 



Addy headed out of the back door to the theater and into the back alley, while Anthony was saying goodbye to Kit and the other band members after a concert. A strange man grabbed her pinning her against the wall, preventing her from reaching her knife. 
Before Addy had much of a chance to worry about the man's intentions, Anthony grabbed him, pulling him away from Addy and throwing him the ground
 Anthony - Don't tocco di t la mia moglie voi scopata ammalata.
Anthony hit the man while, Addy could only assume, cursing at him in Italian.
Anthony - Are you alright love? Did he hurt you?
Addy responded by wrapping her arms around him and burring her head against his shoulder.
Addy - I'm fine. He didn't hurt me, just scared me a little.
Anthony - I won't let anything happen to you. You know that.
Addy - Mhmm.
They didn't see it as the man pulled out a gun...
Addy looked up registering the sound and then seeing, to her horror, the gun in the man's hand and the blood quickly soaking Anthony's shirt 
Dropping to the ground, she held him while the man took the opportunity to make a run for it.Addy didn't allow him to get very far though.
Now able to reach her knife, without thinking, she grabbed it and threw.
The knife landed deep in his back and he fell to the ground. Just like Anthony, still alive but losing blood fast.
Distraught and crying very heavily, Addy pulled out her cell phone and called 911. 

The clock continues to tick and time continues to pass, but nothing changes.
How do I, get through one night without you? If I had to live without you,what kinda life would that be? Oh I, I need you in my arms need you to hold, you're my world, my heart, my soul. If you ever leave, baby you would take away everything good in my life. And tell me nowHow do I live without you? I want to know. How do I breath without you, if you ever go? How do I ever,ever survive? How do I, oh how do I, how do I live? Without you there'd be no sun in my sky, there'd be no love in my life, there'd be no one left for me. And I, baby I don't know what I would do.I'd be lost if I lost you...
Addy's phone rings. 
Angel - Hey...
Addy - Hey.
The line is silent for a moment as Angel tries to think what to say next.
Addy - Say something.
She can't take the silence. 
Angel - Are you okay?
 Though she hasn't seen for her self Addy assumes the shooting is all over the news and so is not surprised that her friend knows about it.
Addy - No, but I'm holding up. The police have my knife.
In spite of herself Angel, can't help but laugh.
Addy - I threw it at the guy when he tried to take off.
Angel - Who, you know... shot him?
Addy -  Just some random guy I guessHe had a concert tonight and we left though the back alley.
Angel - Hmm.
Addy -  I went out a couple minutes before him cause he was saying bye to Kit and the rest of the band and this guy tried to attack me and I couldn't reach my knife. Ironic, that's the type of situation I have it for and yet when I actually needed it I couldn't use it. Anthony came out and pulled the guy away from me and hit him. Then he came to check on me and....and...
Her voice cracks with emotion as she tries to continue.
Addy - And that's when the man pulled a gun. Then he scrambled to his feet and tried to run but I took out my knife and threw it at him
Angel - Did he get away?
Addy - No, he's here in the hospital under police surveillance. They said his name is Donovan Shawl. My knife landed in his back, took him right down. That's why the police have it. I, um, I should let you go. Should call the house... the kids.
Addy - Hey baby girl...
Addy - No, there's no change...
Addy - I know Alissa. Okay, I'm going to let you go, go take care of you brother I love you sweetness.
Hang up the phone, Addy bursts into a fresh wave of tears.
Addy can hardly breath as doctors force her out of the room.
The reading on machine spikes with the touch of the paddles several times . 
Before tailing off completely.
Doctor - Call it.
Nurse - Time of death.... 
Addy doesn't hear the rest.
Addy - NOOOOOOOOOOO, AHHHHHH!
Dropping to the ground just outside the room she lets out a scream of pure agonized grief.
Addy - Nooo, ahh, no.

6 comments:

  1. ANTHONY!!!! NOO!!! I got teary eyed when I read this. Poor Addy! :'(

    ~Dawn Turner

    :Dawn is here to comfort you Addy, best friends stick together through the toughest times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too too sad. Addy you have lost him not only once, but twice... even though the first time was a dream. I know how it is to loose a loved one. My Connery isn't very far from my brain and never away from my heart. Keep the faith girl and we are here.

    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Anthony!!! I was so sad reading this. :*(

    ~Catlover800 aka Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, I love how you did this chapter. I feel so sorry for addy. Her life just turned up side down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOOOOOOOOOO! I always cry at super sad bits!

    ReplyDelete